Tuesday 19 July 2011

Another wee rest, back in the saddle next week.

Decided again to have another week off, as teacher is on holiday, and try something different. So I joined the Lothian Running Club, for the first time, for their Wednesday night run up and down a wee hill and joined them again on Friday for my first ever go on a running track. Much fun was had however knees and hamstrings were hurting on Sunday morning, still, for my quick run before taking Spiderman to his swimming lesson.

New teacher for him today. Teacher asked all the kids for their names, to take register, predicatably my wee monkey said "Spiderman" which led to an argument with another kid who considered himself to be Spiderman also. So we had Spiderman 1 & Spiderman 2 in lessons today. Crikey!

Before and after the lesson both Spidermen were inseparable and my Spiderman followed the other Spiderman and copied everything he did. The other Spiderman is very good in the water and is happy to go under and come back up blowing bubbles which interestingly my Spiderman did too but during lessons he won't entertain it, and he seems to lack confidence in lesson time. I'm a bit confused about that I can only assume he doesn't like being told what to do and when to do it. A bit like his Spiderdaddy. So I will try and take him to the pool as often as is possible in between lessons to keep up the confidence.

Back to lessons tomorrow night and I am quite looking forward to it. I am refreshed and ready to start again (again).

I thank Aquamillie for her comments on my blog and I am hopeful of a continuation of her story too. I think the comments are spot on, to date my lessons have been all over the place, like a mad lady's breakfast, and I need to get a grip and get some kind of road map. I think it will be a good idea to try the float and practice the breathing in water thing and see what happens. It has been a few weeks so it makes sense to go right back to the start.

OK, so here we go again.

Pip pip.

No comments: