Thursday 18 August 2011

Nothing to report:

Just a quick note to say nothing to report here. As it is Scotland in summer it inevitably rained for a whole month last Wednesday so I didn't make it to the outdoor Ceilidh and then on Thursday I uncharacteristically ate some skanky junk food from a greasy cafe. I suffered, alot. 


24 hours of pain and vomiting and 4 days in bed. Great! I even missed a performance, at the festival, by the Edinburgh Sitar Project  http://www.tablaalba.org/  Gutted! The next thing i'm going to do after I nail this swimming lark is join these guys. They rawk! Looking on the bright side, though, I got 2 days off work and I lost 5 lbs. Spiderman was not very well last week either, he was sick on Tuesday and Thursday so poor Spidermummy had quite a few days. Bless her.


Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since injury number 1 and I will be going out for my first jog. Should be interesting. 


On Sunday there is a great event in Edinburgh. Check dis!


An interesting afternoon is guaranteed, including a cake baking competition! Here are a few prize photos from last years race.

Hopefully I can win myself some crappy old lp too. However I intend just taking it easy and enjoying the experience. 33 1/3 minutes of running after 4 weeks off will no doubt be a small challenge. 

I have been checking out Barefish.com.au very interesting and quite informative. The advice would appear to be slow down, don't rush, listen to your senses. Your mind knows what to do, let your body do it. Interesting. It's hard to slow down when you are desperate to learn but there must be something in it as I have been in a massive rush and have got nowhere thus far. Paralysis by analysis. Groovy man!

OK I'm off to listen to the rhythm of the rain on the conservatory roof. Hopefully next week I should be back on that, err horse?

Busy week. Sunday LP run. Monday Ravi Shankar at the Edinburgh Festival. Tuesday running with the Jolly Joggers. Wednesday Swim club. Thursday Jolly Jogging again. Friday. Night off. Phew!



Pip pip!









No comments: